If you can help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Residents come to our houses with few personal belongings. We are grateful for the in-kind donations provided by the community. These gifts make the transition into the house much easier. Donations are also used to create “starter kits” for women as they move on to independent housing.
Front Burner Needs
A sturdy bunk bed for the children’s room at Annie’s Cottage. Needs to be able to withstand use from toddlers to teenagers.
Garden tools, seed, and plant starts for the pea patch and the community commons project. Both projects need vegetables and landscaping plants.
New Connections is always happy to receive donations of the following items:
- Household supplies: cleaning supplies and tools, paper goods, etc.
- Food: we provide a welcome dinner and food for the first few days while women aquire food assistance and visit food banks.
- Office Supplies
- Movies (DVD format). We have basic cable; but, no movie channels.
- Personal care items and small gifts that we can include in the welcome basket for new residents and starter kits for graduates.
- Women’s clothing and shoes: we have very little storage; so, sizes we cannot currently use are passed on to Nativity House and clothing banks at Washington Corrections Center for Women and Mission Creek Corrections Center.
- New Connections also collects men’s clothing for the Nativity House clothing room and the men’s clothing bank at Cedar Creek Corrections Center.